Business Development Manager
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Business Development Manager is responsible to help support a nationwide sales force (agency sales teams). As a strong and dynamic leader, he will be responsible to identify and develop business opportunities in order to achieve the sales objectives. He will act proactively in line with the company’s business strategy and in conjunction with the Vice President of sales. This also includes building strategic business relationships in order to help continue to grow the brand.
Your main responsibilities will be the following:
- Executing sales strategies in alignment with the overall corporate strategic plan
- Providing leadership, direction and support to the agents’ sales force
- Continuing to increase day to day sales, and increase stock position with our distributor partners
- Developing and maintaining stocking programs with strategic ED partners
- Ensuring our agency sales force understand the product offering and what tools and products they have at their disposal
- Continuing to develop and maintain strategic relationships with customers and agents across the country
- Gathering market information and pricing trends in order to align vision for sales strategies
- Continuously increasing customer satisfaction level doing follow ups with agents and distributors and open communication with internal departments.
- Conducting monthly/quarterly analysis to manage sales performance against regional, corporate objectives and market developments; suggesting improvement to strengthen our position with our partners (agents, distributors, contractors, end user, engineers, designers)
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts (internal)
- Preparing bi –weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts (external to our agents)
- Monitoring and analyzing performance metrics and suggesting improvements to strengthen our position with our ED partners and agents
- Participating in trade shows and other events related to the industry
- Participating in product development and product marketing initiatives
- Participating in sales forecasting for demand planning and inventory management purposes
- Traveling to support agency representatives through joint calls (ED, end user, contractor). Minimum of 20% of your time
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with other departments in order to reach corporate goals.
- Being a link between Sales, Customer Service, and Quotes
- Assisting Customer service / inside sales / after sales service with issues that may arise and help to resolve them
- Assisting the Quotations department with market knowledge to help win projects
- Staying up-to-date with new product launches and ensure sales team members are on board
- Staying up-to-date with competitor products, pricing, etc and inform management of any findings.
Required skills and qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge MS Office Suite
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the electrical industry
- Minimum of 2-3 years of road sales experience
- Emergency lighting knowledge is an asset
The AimLite advantage
AimLite offers a stimulating work environment where each individual is given the opportunity to maximize his or her talent and improve his or her daily life. We do our utmost to facilitate a work-life balance for each one of our employees. Our organizational culture supports inclusion and diversity, which give our company a competitive edge. We are proud of our commitment toward our community and the collective initiatives in which we are involved.
AimLite is committed to the Equal Access Employment Program. We encourage women, aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities as well as disabled persons to apply. We invite disabled individuals to inform us of their specific needs in order that we might provide accommodation and assistance measures at the time of the selection process. The masculine is used throughout this document for purposes of clarity and facility of reading.
We thank you for submitting your application. Please note that only those invited for an interview will be contacted.